Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Home Is Wherever I'm With You...


Three years ago, John asked me if I would be willing to help him in his career by moving around the country for eight or nine years. It was a difficult decision because I loved living in Tennessee. The boys' grandparents, John's sister and brother, and my sister were there. My good friends were there. If I wanted to go back to work, my career was there. But in the end, I decided that I wanted to support John. So, it was off to Atlanta, and then a few months later it was off to Virginia, and then a year and a half later it was off to Greenville, South Carolina. I can honestly say I have loved my life in every single place. In Atlanta, it was the cul de sac that I loved. In Virginia, it was our friendship with Charissa and her family that I loved. In Greenville the list is long. I love our neighborhood. I love my house. I love the kids' schools. I love my friends. But, three years ago I committed to forwarding John's career. And so, we are off to Atlanta again very soon. The kids will finish their school year here and then sometime this summer we will be moving. And I will find an entirely new set of things to love about my life there. I love the song by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros called "Home". Because home really is wherever we are together. 

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Ellie. Cherished memories forever captured. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song! Thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song! Thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete