Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015 and Happy New Year

The Seaton Christmas moved to Greenville this year. With the unpredictable weather in the Nashville area, it was good no one had to travel through the mess. All of us were completely spoiled by Santa and our family. But best of all, we enjoyed being together. 

I got quite a kick watching Jack and Luke soak up Christmas. They were so excited by all of it. The presents, the trees, the lights, the holiday desserts... but I do think that this year they both went a little deeper than the surface of Christmas. They both found joy in spending time with the people they love, whether in person or virtually. And both boys had at least a couple of presents they were very excited to give, particularly the ones they made in school and the ones they chose for each other.  

As 2015 comes to a close, I must count my blessings. And this year it was all about family. Family during joy, Megan and Jake's weddings in particular, and family during hardship, when our family rushed in to help us when I had my gallbladder issues this year and supporting each other through the unfairness of cancer. I don't know if it is because I am getting older or if it is just because this is a year when it was highlighted for me, but I feel incredibly lucky to have the people I have in my life. Thank you to all of you for enriching and sweetening my life. Happy New Year!





3 comments:

  1. We LOVED seeing you! Thanks for hosting & we can't wait to come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Glad you had a wonderful holiday. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was one for the record books! Loved having the entire family all in one beautiful place. Thanks Ellie and John.

    ReplyDelete