Our life is moving at warp speed right now as we count down the days until Jack begins kindergarten and the weeks until our family's next move. With all of the chaos, I haven't had a chance or the energy to write about the Thorn family vacation to Gulf Shores, Alabama that we went on a few weeks ago.
Vacationing with my sisters and their families is one of my favorite things in life. Reconnecting with all of my nieces and nephews and learning more about their lives is important to me. Watching my kids being loved and played with makes my mama's heart full. And there is just something about being with my sisters that grounds me.
While just being together is the purpose of the trip, we had a bunch of fun outings too. We visited the alligator farm, played miniature golf (which fulfills one of Jack's lifelong dreams), rode bumper boats, played on the beach, swam in the pool, and ate lots of seafood (Jack) burgers (me) and chicken nuggets (Luke).
One of the highlights of this trip for me was the night after my nephews and Megan's fiance, Ike, got home from their chartered fishing trip. The boys didn't get home until pretty late, and they immediately started preparing their feast. As I tucked Jack into bed a couple of hours earlier, he asked me if I would please wake him up when the boys got home if they were eating fish. I'll admit that I wasn't really planning on waking him up until sweet Megan reminded me and encouraged me to follow through. It meant the world to Jack. Do you see what I mean about being grounded?
Thanks to my family for taking the time to vacation together. Memories were made. I love you guys.
















Love the "Thorn Family" long time!!
ReplyDeleteJan