Jack graduated from preschool today. With the exception of singing some of the graduation songs to me this week, he never really mentioned the end of preschool. As he said goodbye to Mrs. Walters today, I understood why he wasn't talking about it. The kid is heartbroken to be leaving her.
After the graduation reception, Jack, Luke, and I went around to all of his classmates to say goodbye and we'll see you at the park this summer. We left Mrs. Walters for last. The hug he gave her lasted minutes. I overheard her tell him she loves him, and she stroked his hair as he took his time with his farewell hug to his beloved teacher. Eventually we moved on, but as we drew close to the exit I heard Jack begin to cry. His heartbroken, for real cry. I immediately bent down to his eye level and asked what was wrong. He told me he was so sad to say good bye to Mrs. Walters. I asked him if he needed another hug from her. He did. So we went back to her table, and I told her that Jack was very sad to be leaving her. At that, they cried together. Admittedly, I teared up a little too. To see your child say goodbye to someone he loves so deeply is sad. As we walked away, he said, "Mama, I don't like saying goodbyes. It's very hard." Sweet child. I could not have asked for a better beginning to the school years for Jack, and I have Mrs. Walters to thank for it.
Below are some Oh My, How He Has Grown pictures.



No comments:
Post a Comment