Sunday, November 18, 2012
Biker Boys
Ellie and I took the boys to the local BMX track in Powder Springs, Georgia today. We had some thrills and spills, but the boys enjoyed it enough to protest our departure after an hour or so. Jack and I scoped the track out a few weekends ago, but this time we brought his bike. He chattered the whole way there about his ambitions for jumping and going fast. He went straight for the starting gate when we arrived and took off down the track before I could gain a level of comfort with him on the track. Luke squealed his way around the track on his strider, while Jack made several laps. The biggest trick was getting him to maintain his speed. The next thing we need to work on is pedaling while standing up. Based on his delight in today's outing, I believe we will get plenty of opportunity to develop his skill. Here are a few videos of their first day on the track.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I sound like a complete nut, but really I'm just having a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!! That is amazing!! Jack is a pro and daredevil! Both of your boys did great!
ReplyDeleteLove it!! What a perfect place for an adventure! And it was deserted!...even better.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a little boy's dream day! What a great day!
ReplyDelete