Monday, July 23, 2012

"20 Days" in Tennessee

Jack didn't quite reach the 20 days he announced he wanted to stay at Grandpa and Grandma's house, but it was close! A biking accident that necessitated an emergency dental appointment lengthened our stay. The biking accident didn't make Jack happy, but the length of our stay sure did! He and Luke soaked in all that grandma-, grandpa-, aunts-, and uncle-time. 


Jack, always a problem solver, decided quickly after his biking accident that he needed biking gloves so his hands would never get all skinned up like that again. Grandpa had some on his hands within 24 hours. 


I love this sweet photo of Grandma Jane reading to the boys. Unfortunately, in the rush to leave Georgia and make that dental appointment my camera was left behind. I wish I had gotten this one with my real camera. It would have been fantastic. 


We played at our favorite play place, Inside Out. I got to see some of my favorite friends who brought their kids too. 


Aunt Annie visited a lot during her lunch hours. The boys love her to pieces. 


We spent a couple of days over at Aunt Linda's house, visiting her and our dog, Winston. Winston is living in a fantasy land until we buy a house. He barks at cupboards and they spring open and spill out rawhides.


Grandpa and Grandma's neighborhood was a great place for Luke to practice his biking, and the pool was great for Jack to practice his swimming. 


This side by side slide was fun for the boys. Racing down slides is a new favorite pastime. 


Grandma, the boys, and I made it out to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. They were having a treehouse exhibit this time. I think there were eight different treehouses based on children's literature. They were all really neat and created so children could climb on them and play. 


What began as a throw-some-stuff-in-your-suitcase trip to the dentist ended up being a memorable stay for all of us, even if we weren't quite there for 20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment