Thursday, February 2, 2012

Freedom

After battling illness at our house, an afternoon on the walking trail and at the park felt like total freedom. 



We took it slow.


Mr. Independent ran away from his elders.


We threw rocks in the river. 


We watched baseball practice.


When Luke spotted the park across the field, he decided to get there the fastest way possible. We went over the field and through a ditch, running and giggling the entire way. 


Almost every park has an apparatus that makes me hold my breath. 


I bite my tongue because I know it's important for a kid to take risks, but I hold my breath anyway. The freedom made it totally worth the breathlessness. 

3 comments:

  1. Such great pictures! Can't wait until Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I love the one of Luke sliding. I'm so glad everyone seems on the mend. We still need to get together. Brylie keeps asking to go to jacks house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya...the pictures on the playground equipment scares me, too. Where are Jack and Luke's helmets and mouthguards??????

    They are so adorable. We miss them (and all of you) in Minnesota. Love you. Kathy

    ReplyDelete