Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Look Who's Nine Months Old




Jack is nine months old today. Again I ask, where has the time gone? Jack has changed so much in so little time. This month he learned how to pull up although he tends to get stuck on his knees. His daddy taught him how to wave hello and goodbye. Jack believes it's a pretty universal gesture and uses it anytime he wants some attention.

Jack is eating lots of finger foods although he would be happiest if he could live off Cheerios and cheese. I continue to make his pureed baby foods. Lately he's had blueberries, corn, chicken, peas, applesauce, nectarines, bananas, pears, and green beans. In the freezer ready to be prepared are beef, cauliflower, broccoli, and tofu. There's a website that provides lots of information about what to feed a baby and when called wholesomebabyfoods.com, but even with it's guidance I find myself wondering if I am doing a good enough job of introducing new tastes to Jack's palate. I am hopeful that if I am persistent now, I will have a child who will eat well later.

At Jack's 9 month check-up today, he weighed 21 lbs, 14 oz which keeps him in the 75th percentile for weight. He was 27.5 inches long which puts him in the 50th percentile for height. He's growing and healthy, which is all I ask for.



I'll take a cue from my man Jack and tell you good-bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hes part Thorn, there will be now problem getting him to eat, eating healthy could be a problem haha

    Jake

    ReplyDelete