Wednesday, August 12, 2009

He's a Peach

Teaching Jack how to eat solid foods has not always been so peachy (pardon the pun), but on Sunday Jack really enjoyed licking the juice from Grandma Jane's peaches.

I never imagined it could be difficult to teach a baby how to eat, but it has been a definite source of frustration in our house. So far Jack has liked sweet potatoes and butternut squash. He absolutely hated carrots, and had to be tricked into eating applesauce. The poor kid gags whenever I introduce something new that he doesn't like. Which in turn makes me feel bad because I actually made the food. I often feel the same way when I make something for dinner that John isn't crazy about. Luckily John never cries at the dinner table, which is Jack's next move after the gagging. Ugh!

However, we trudge on. Next up for Jack- green peas. I've heard that they are harder to make the right consistency, so we'll have to see how pureeing them goes. I've got two tools that I really like. Grandpa Marion gave me a baby food maker for Christmas last year that steams the food and purees it all in one machine. I love it. I also have Grandpa Thorn's Vita-Mix blender, which is worth every penny Dad spent on it.

If only I could just let Jack eat peaches everyday for the rest of his life. Wouldn't that just make life peachy!

No comments:

Post a Comment