Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

This morning I was remembering my own childhood. Mrs. Gordan was my beloved kindergarten teacher. This was back when there was time to play in kindergarten. She had a cool kitchen set, blocks, and countless other wonderful toys. Having those things made Mrs. Gordan even more magical in my eyes. I truly loved Mrs. Gordan. 

My favorite memory of kindergarten took place on St. Patrick's Day in 1985. When I walked into the classroom that morning, it was apparent that we had visitors during the night. There were tiny, green footprints all over our desks. As if that wasn't exciting enough, there were chocolate gold coins hidden inside of our desks! The leprechauns had visited! I think every kid in that classroom believed Mrs. Gordan when she told us what had happened. 

Soon, I am going to have to invite the leprechauns to our house so Jack can experience that kind of excitement. I don't think he would understand this year, but what fun there is in store for us in the years to come!

2 comments:

  1. I totally remember that day! How funny. Give some Irish kisses to my boy, Jack. Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very memorable day. I'll give Jack lots of Irish love for you, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete