Sunday, March 29, 2009

Center Hill

We took Jack on his first overnight trip. Our friends, Matt and Shannon, invited us to spend the weekend with them at a lakehouse on Center Hill Lake. We had a blast. Their kids, Olivia and Turner, entertained Jack while John and I had some time for adult interaction. John even got to ride his mountain bike for the first time since Jack was born. He must be a little rusty because he took a spill, leaving a scratch on his forehead that he'll have to explain at work tomorrow. 

I was a little concerned about taking Jack on an overnight trip. Would he sleep? Would he cry the whole time? But, he was a trooper. Erin loaned me her pack and play. It worked like a charm. He slept as well there as he does at home. Those pack and plays are tricky though. I had to ask Shannon, a more experienced mom, to put it up for me. Then, John disappeared this afternoon. When I went to look for him thirty minutes later, he had just finally gotten the pack and play packed back up. 

We had a great time and look forward to more vacations soon. Now that I'm not working, I feel like we'll be able to get away a lot more often. Eventually we may even figure out how that pack and play works!

2 comments:

  1. Hey...now that you know that Jack travels well....come and see us in Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trooper that JACK was on his first overnight adventure! Now I no longer have to wonder where John disappeared to on Sunday. I am cracking up while picturing him giving the Pack-n-Play a good wrestle/ smackdown match at the lake. In fact, I will probably crack up for days at inopportune times over this:) Can't wait to do this again for more days and adventures.

    ReplyDelete