Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Could You Move Mount Rainier Fifty Miles East Please?

I don't know how moms can go back to work after six weeks. Yesterday I went to school to be a reader for the Dr. Seuss celebration. I didn't have to be there until 8:00. That's two hours after I would have been there for work before Jack was born. It felt like someone asked me to move Mount Rainier instead of simply being at the school by 8:00. My alarm went off at 5:15, but of course I was too tired from my night with Jack to actually get up then. So, I reset the alarm for 6:00. Plenty of time, right? Nope. I had to race the rest of the morning to make up for that 45 minute snooze. Then right when I was ready to head out the door to drop Jack off at Erin's, he decided it was time for his breakfast. I know he wasn't very happy with me when I gave him just enough to make it to Erin's instead of his usual breakfast in bed (er... the rocking chair). The worst part was that the entire time I was at school I wanted to grab my cell phone and make sure Jack was being good for Erin. 

Instead I waited until I was done reading and did indeed pick up my cell phone, but it was to make a different call. I left a message on John's voice mail thanking him for all he does that makes it possible for me to spend a year or two at home. I have been blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment