Monday, April 18, 2011
Baby Got Sass
How do you spell trouble? J-A-C-K. As in, we are in big trouble with that guy. Let me tell you why. This morning I took the boys for a walk. When we got home, I asked Jack if he wanted lunch. Of course he would rather play, so he headed upstairs and I reheated some pasta that was in the refrigerator. Jack spotted me from upstairs eating the pasta. His response was, "That's mine," and he came jogging down the stairs to claim his lunch. Between the two of us, we finished the pasta. Apparently, Jack didn't get enough pasta and asked for more powder. I knew he meant pasta, but I handed him the parmesan cheese instead. He screeched something about how he needed pasta to put it on. I still pretended to not understand simply because I didn't want to cook more pasta. Eventually he said, "I need (he confuses want and need all of the time) more pasta to put the powder on. I'm still eating." I couldn't deny understanding that, so I repeated it. His reply was a very annoyed sounding. "Gosh!" Totally sassy. So the good parent I am, I burst into laughter. I'm sure I've created a monster.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment