For the most part, Luke's transition into our family has been pretty easy. Jack is doing better than I ever could have hoped with his new baby brother. But, I'd be lying if I told you that there have not been any growing pains. Take, for example, what happened to my toothbrush this morning. All moms know that once you're a mother, you never get to use the bathroom by yourself anymore. I saw Jack grab my toothbrush and run into the closet, but I was a few paces behind him. By the time I caught up with him, he had cleaned John's dirtiest boots with my toothbrush. Lovely. While the doctor was discharging me on Sunday, her orders were not to lift Jack and no exercise more vigorous than a brisk walk. I don't know what she would have thought of me sprinting down the hill and climbing over the fence one week postpartum in an effort to catch up with Jack who suddenly decided he'd like to try out the neighbor's trampoline. I think Jack likes the new and not-so-improved mother who came home from the hospital a little distracted by another baby. Her distraction makes it easier to rifle through the jewelry drawer that is totally off limits and pull Dad's computer from the nightstand. It seems that the words no and stop are easy to ignore when you know Mom can't get to you anyway. Growing pains only come after a growth spurt, and undoubtedly our family has been through one of those. Hopefully the growing pains are only painful for a little while.
Friday, November 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

oh Ellie.....he is so sweet! Sounds like things are as eventful as ever in the Seaton house! I am glad to hear that Jack is adjusting well (even with some of the bumps in the road). I hope you all have a relaxing weekend!
ReplyDeleteLove this post, Ellie. Just remember...this too shall pass. Before long, you're gonna miss this.
ReplyDeleteHe's beautiful! The onesie's pretty cute, too. Sometime in the near future, we might to have something matching for the brothers!
ReplyDeleteSweet picture, Ellie, he's a doll. And, yes, this too shall pass.
Awww...Luke is adorable. Hang in there. Jack and Luke are so awesome. I can't wait to finally get my hands on Luke and Jack. We are so excited for your family.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, if the tootbrush incident would have happened a couple of weeks from now, you'd probably be able to rinse off that tootbrush, check it for big mud chunks and potentially use it.....standards do shift a bit when you have two...at least that is the way that I remember it. :) Love you.
Love the onesie!! Love it. And yes, as all said above, this too shall pass. Maybe it's Jack's way of getting your attention. :) You are doing a super great job.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Ellie! On occasion I check this webpage to see how you and your family are doing, and this time you have another baby! They are so cute!! I hope all is well. I just smile when reading about Jack and the new baby. All of the little incidents will bring great humor down the road. Enjoy them...they grow way too fast!
ReplyDeleteLisa (Nymann)Bauer