Saturday, November 20, 2010

Luke- 2 Weeks

Yesterday marked the end of Luke's second week with us. It's difficult for me to believe that 15 days have already passed since the day he was born. I took Luke to the doctor on Thursday for his first appointment. I was shocked to learn that Luke not only regained his birth weight, which is the doctor's hope for two weeks, but he also gained a pound. Our growing boy weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces and measured 20 1/4 inches long.


Jack continues to adjust beautifully to life as a big brother. I'm so proud of him! I imagined that it would be incredibly difficult for Jack to understand that Mommy had another baby now too, but he has completely taken the change in stride. Extra attention from Grandma Jane and Daddy have helped Jack with the transition to big brother. 


I think I've been blessed with two "good babies". Jack was a cheerful, easy baby and Luke appears to have a similar disposition. Only hunger causes him to cry. If his tummy is full, he's probably asleep or possibly listening to all the commotion of Mommy and Daddy playing with Jack. 


Unfortunately, Luke caught a cold from Jack. His little nose is stuffed up and he has a little cough. It's sad to see such a little guy not feeling his best. Jack seems to be on the tail end of his sniffles, so hopefully Luke's cold won't last long either.

1 comment:

  1. He's beginning to remind me a lot of Baby Jack. I just hope that when Luke reaches Jack's age, your underwear will look as good around his neck as they did around Jacks! Ha!!!

    Love you guys.... :)

    ReplyDelete