Saturday, September 10, 2011

Jack's First Movie

This morning we took Jack and Luke to their very first movie. From here on out I am going to refer to it as Jack's movie because you've already been reading this blog post for longer than Luke (and John) stayed at the movie. Anyone who knows Luke very well knows he doesn't put up with being held for longer than a nanosecond. Luckily, John's parents live near the theatre, so they played there instead.

So, Jack and I went to see Winnie the Pooh at the historic Franklin Theatre. It was an awesome experience. While we were waiting for the movie, they showed a picture show of the reconstruction work being done on the theatre. I swear this was like a bonus feature for Jack. Guys in hard hats with tools... super exciting! Since the theatre doesn't play many kids movies, we only had to sit through one movie trailer. That was nice. It was pretty funny watching Jack try to sit on one of the seats. He isn't big enough, so the seat kept on folding up on him. Needless to say, he ended up sitting on my lap. That only made the movie better for me. :-)


I really enjoyed taking Jack to his first movie. I think when other appropriate movies come along, it is going to be a Mommy and Son tradition. Maybe next time we'll even get popcorn. :-)



1 comment:

  1. Love it! We took boo to that. So much fun. We need to take all our kids to a movie together.

    ReplyDelete