Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Airing Frustration





Quite honestly, things have been tough in the Seaton house ever since the new year began. Jack developed the sniffles on New Years Eve, and when they wouldn't go away I took him to the doctor on January 8th. The doctor diagnosed a slight ear infection, gave us a prescription for amoxicillin, and sent us on our way. On Monday, Jack finished the prescription. I could tell that he still wasn't feeling like himself. Yesterday he was whining and throwing little fits over things that would normally not faze him. The only time he was content was when I was holding him. This morning was more of the same, so I decided to take Jack back to the doctor. Sure enough, that ear is still infected and the doctor says it looks a lot worse than it did on his first visit. So, she prescribed a stronger antibiotic and sent us on our way again.

Everyone expects a child to get sick. I expected my child to get sick. What I was not prepared for was how much Jack being sick affects my well-being. I've been sad and moody right along with Jack. It's so frustrating to see him sick and know that there's not a thing in the world that I can do for him.

To top it all off, Jack is extremely attached to me right now. Daddy won't do. If I leave the room, he throws himself on the ground and just sobs. He wants his mommy when he isn't feeling well. Frankly, it's tiring to be wanted all day long.


I never meant to air all of my frustration on the blog tonight. But, I guess this is as good of an outlet as any. It helps when I keep this in mind....



Jack hearts Mom.





And, I heart Jack.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh Ellie - how well I remember (years & years ago) getting so frustrated & tired when Mike & Andy had so much bronchial & ear stuff their first year. But, praise God for some things - you are home and able to stay with Jack. I spent part of yesterday listening to a tearful Mom having to be at work leaving a sick little one with relatives.
    Hang in Ellie - this too will pass.....
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it helps just to get it out. Air away, my friend. In the meantime...those are some great pics of your favorite short guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack is a lucky, lucky baby. Kids sure go through some hard stages. I wish we were there to help you and Jack. We love you all very, very much.

    ReplyDelete