Saturday, January 26, 2013

Birthday Eve


Here we are on the eve of Jack's 4th birthday. He and I went outside to take a few pictures of him at 4 years old. I glanced back at my post from this time last year, and I am amazed to see that every ounce of that baby fat is gone. He's grown up so much in the past year. 


When we started talking about taking pictures, Jack immediately said he wanted to wear his fireman costume. Since a day around here wouldn't be complete without him wearing at least one costume, I agreed that this was the perfect way to show Jack at 4. 


Here are the answers to my interview-with-Jack questions that we did before he went to bed tonight. 

What is your name?  Jack Sea*ton

How old are you turning? 4

When is your birthday? January...... 4! 

Where do you live? Atlanta, Georgia

What is your favorite color? Green 

What is your favorite animal? Kitty cat

What do you want to do when you grow up? Play some catch

What is your favorite book? Matchbox series

What is your favorite movie? Mighty Machines

What is your favorite shirt? Robot shirt

Who is your best friend? Chase (the 6 year old neighbor boy)

What is your favorite song? Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer

What is your favorite game? Gingerbread Dress-up (iPad)

What do you like to play with inside? Cars

What do you like to do outside? Ride bike

What do you like to pretend? That I'm a fireman going through the town with all the fire stuff on. 

What are you excited about? We are moving to Virginia.

What makes you happy? That I have a really fun family that's all around me. Put a heart by that one, Mommy, because I really love you guys. 

What makes you sad? When someone breaks something I want to play with.

What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Play games like Candyland.

What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Build with Duplos.

What is your favorite thing to do with Luke? Just be a friend.


Some Mommy Notes:

- You have an active imagination. Playing in dress up clothes like a fireman suit, carpenter hat, or super hero cape is the only activity you consistently do every single day.
- You love art activities and puzzles.
- You talk nonstop. You're inquisitive. You want to know how everything works.
- You are so sweet with Luke. Your patience with him amazes me. Quite regularly I tell your dad stories of what you have done during the day while he was at work. He describes you as sweet all of the time. It's really the best way to describe you.
- You know all the upper and lower case letters and the sounds they make. You like to ask me what letter everything starts with. Instead of answering, I stretch the words out for you so you can tell me.
- You like to count objects.
- Your vocabulary continues to amaze me. The other day you called something scrumptious.
- You enjoy going to gymnastics every week. I think you like the activities, but I think your favorite part of going is seeing your beloved teachers Miss Mercedez and Miss Cecily.
- You have an insatiable appetite for sweets just like your daddy.

I'm so thankful that I got to share this year with you, Jack. You are sweet, kind, and smart. I love you. Happy 4th birthday.

Jack weighs 40 lbs and is 40 1/2 inches tall. (2/5/13)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday from Minnesota, Jack! We love you very, very much. You're such an awesome little boy and we wish we could spend your fourth birthday with you!

    ReplyDelete