Ever since the neighbor put ghosts in their tree, Jack has been begging for ghosts in our tree. We looked all over the place for these plastic ghosts to no avail. But then two big, fat envelopes addressed to Jack and Luke arrived in the mail this week. Aunt Kathy found two packages of the ghosts. She is currently Jack's hero. We ran into the neighbors last night when we were on our evening walk. Jack explained to them that Aunt Kathy found the ghosts that are decorating our tree. Ha!
I've probably already told you how excited Jack is to decorate for every holiday these days. Here is a sampling of what you'd find at our house if you were to visit this Halloween. Combining Mickey and a holiday definitely has Jack's seal of approval.
I set the boys up to color yesterday so I could pick up the house. I suggested that Jack make a pumpkin since he's so crazy about them. I set a pumpkin on the table and came back 15 minutes later to discover this guy. It's the first piece of art that looks like what he was trying to draw.
Luke's scribbles warm my heart too. He was pretty intent on his work.
Jack may forget to thank me for handing him a cup of water, but he never forgets when it is time to write a thank you note. I think it is one of his greatest joys. We generally work together to make a card, which makes Jack happy. Then he puts it in the envelope and seals it all by himself. I let him run out to the mailbox and put the envelope inside by himself too. He takes this all very seriously. I had to chuckle at him this morning as he was running to the mailbox in his Halloween pjs and slippers.






No comments:
Post a Comment