Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bookstore


Luke's current favorite books are Ten Little Racing Cars and Ten Little Fish and any books that have trucks you point at and name. Dear Zoo isn't bad either. 


Jack's current favorite books are any that are new (to Jack) from the library. He loves our weekly selection trip to the library. We're working on moving from Tuesdays to Wednesday since Jack is a big three year old now, and that is when the preschool class meets. 


We spent an hour and a half at the bookstore today. It was the best hour and a half of my week. 


It was the best hour and a half of their weeks too. 


I read The Wheels on the Bus six times because it had these cool flaps that made everything move. 


I read every truck and digger book in store. 


Jack would play at the train table for the time it took me to choose a book. I'd report that I'd found a reader, and he'd come and sit down beside me. Luke always takes my lap, and he's not willing to share it. I'd read the book, and then we'd repeated the process over and over again for an hour and a half. Like I said, it was a great hour and a half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment