Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Who Do You Think Jack Resembles at 1 Year?

I had a pretty funny conversation with my sister the other day. She was looking at Marion's pictures on Facebook. This photo became the topic of our conversation:


I think she said something like, "Is John really Jack's dad?" After I laughed, I asked her to explain. She told me that in this photograph she thinks Jack looks like me and that he doesn't really look like a Seaton. So, just for fun and because I like to do this every once in awhile, I'll let you be the judge. Does Jack look like me or John at 1 year? I've found a picture of me that's similar to one I've taken of Jack, and I've found one of John that is similar to one I've taken of Jack. And before you ask, Marion, no I didn't make Jack's hair red in this photo! What do you think? Who does Jack resemble at 1 year old?




6 comments:

  1. That is tough!!! I think if I had to pick..I would say you!! That is crazy how much he looks like you in that picture! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's the "politically correct" thing to say, but I'd have to say I see both of you in him.


    For the record, I'm SELDOM politically correct!!!
    Mommy and Daddy were sweet babies, and so is Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its funny, I can see him in BOTH yours and Johns baby pics. But day to day...he is ALL you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie, I know you have that fabulous photo editing software,so making Jack's hair APPEAR red is a snap for you....

    Here's my unbiased opinion as John's dad and Jack's grandpa. I believe Jack looks like the perfect combination of you both, with perhaps more of the look of a Johnson. So the questions is, what did Jake look like when he was one year old? Perhaps the Thorn genes are more apparent now....but as you know, babies change. Once Jack's hair gets darker (not darker red), it will be more apparent that the Seaton genes will define his appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellie,
    Looking of that sweet picture of you is exactly
    how I remember you as a baby...You were the
    cutest little girl, with all those red curls!!!
    I look at Jack and I see you and your siblings...
    He is a Thorn!
    I love to read your blog and look at your pictures.
    You seem so happy and content and Jack is adorable!!!
    Jan (Kathy's childhood friend.....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. After looking carefully at the pictures you posted of you, John, and Jack, I have concluded:
    Jack has Ellie's nose and face shape
    Jack has the Seaton dimples and mouth shape
    His eyes are shaped more like John's
    His coloring is Ellie.
    His expressions....more Ellie.
    Marion is probably right...as Jack gets older, he may end up looking a lot more like the Seatons. Right now...I think it is Ellie.
    He is a cutie pie. :) Lucky, lucky us!

    ReplyDelete